PASA/APF – Asociación Panamericana de Fianzas / Panamerican Surety Association virtually hosted their XXXII Annual General Assembly for the year 2021 between May the 3rd. through the 5, 2021. Active Re was represented by Martin Bages –Business Development Vice president -, Humberto Riquelme – Reinsurance Manager -, and Ena Silva – Senior Underwriter.
Among the topics discussed where:
• Teleworking and its challenges in order to manage healthy working hours
• Brexit and the COVID-19 pandemic
• The current situation of the Credit Insurance and the industries’ most affected by the pandemic which include: tourism, aviation, hotels, recreational activities, gyms, among others
• The current situation of Colombia in the Surety Bonds industry
• Surety Bonds industries and its effect of the pandemic
We may mention that because of the effects of COVID-19, a relevant issue mentioned is the importance of underwriting adjustments, considering the acceptance of risks with adequate guarantees and premiums for each business. This leads us to strengthen the criteria used so far, to reinforce the technical, subjective, and financial analysis, in order to minimize claims in the medium and/or long term.
An aspect of the Assembly that is worth noting was its ability to promote networking sessions utilizing virtual connections. That enabled the team to meet up with current and new acquaintances.